At first, let’s get introducing to the Wi-Fi extender, and then we will know about How a Wi-Fi extender works, and Do I need a WiFi extender.
- What is a Wi-Fi extender?
- How does a Wi-Fi range extender work?
- Don’t mix up with the name Wi-Fi extender, Repeater, and Booster
- The otherness of Wi-Fi extender and Wi-Fi repeater
- Do I need a Wi-Fi Extender?
In this article, I am going to cover up all the details about this topic and after knowing all these things if you think that you need a Wi-Fi range extender for you then you can have a look at the bottom of the page where I will recommend some best Wi-Fi extenders in 2021 with Details and latest features.
What is a Wi-Fi extender?
This is a Wi-Fi extender
A system that receives the existing Wi-fi signal, after that increase the signal of the router, and then passes the boosted or transmitted signal. And make the network coverage area more expend.
For increasing the Wi-Fi signal coverage area it can be possible through the Wi-Fi extender.
The device is also known as “range extenders” or “booster”.
How does a Wi-Fi range extender work?
From its name you can guess something like, this might increase my Wi-Fi range, right?
Yes! right you are. With a Wi-Fi extender, it is possible to 2x your Wi-Fi coverage area because of its main focused thing to increase the Wi-Fi coverage area by receiving the signal of the router.
Wi-Fi extender connects your router to help increase your internet signal into areas that are Wi-Fi dead zone because of many substances like walls, furniture, and many other things.
When a connection is made between an internet-connected device and router, The Wi-Fi range extender receives the signals and then boosts the signal, and finally, we get a good network coverage area.
Don’t mix up with the name Wi-Fi extender, Repeater, and Booster
Wi-Fi extender and Wi-Fi repeater is kind of the same thing-both device work to strengthen and extend the range of Wi-Fi coverage. But we can call this both Wi-Fi extenders and Wi-Fi repeater as a Wi-Fi booster. It will be a pleasure for me if I can able to understand the difference between those.
You May Also Like: ZoomShot Pro Review | is It Worth Buying?
In a word, Wi-Fi extender and Wi-Fi repeater both can be called Wi-Fi booster, cause both works for increasing the Wi-Fi coverage.
The otherness of Wi-Fi extender and Wi-Fi repeater
1. Wi-Fi extender Connects directly to the home network through a wired connection whereas Wifi-repeater connects to the Wi-Fi signal wirelessly.
2. Wi-Fi extender Re-Broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal into areas that are Wi-Fi dead zone but Wi-Fi repeater Transmits a Boosted signal.
3 Wi-Fi extender creates a new Wi-Fi network on the contrary Wi-Fi repeater repeats the same Wi-Fi signals.
4. WiFi extender is expensive than the wifi repeater.
5. WiFi extender is difficult to set up but wifi repeater is easy to set up.
Do I need a Wi-Fi Extender?
Well, you may have a question arise in your mind which is Do I genuinely need a WIFI extender? If your internet speed is good enough and the router set up in a good position of your home but still network coverage is unreliable then a Wi-Fi extender
Wi-Fi extenders are a prominent way to extend your Wi-Fi network signal into the Wi-Fi dead zones and have great network coverage.
4 reasons that you may need a Wi-Fi extender
1. Walls, Furniture obstruction, or big room spacing
Most often Wi-Fi signal does not reach for dead spots in the house. Say for example, maybe in your room where the router is placed, the Wi-Fi signal is good but in another room, the signal is poor, or maybe upstairs it’s much weaker to stream video without buffer.
2. Too many users can be a reason for slow loading
Are there multiple users or devices connected to your house? This might be a reason for a decrease in your internet speed and network issue. If you notice that your home’s internet connection decrease when all the home’s member using the internet at the same time,
A Wi-Fi extender will effectively help them to prevent this issue and can help them to access the network from anywhere at the house, no matter where they are.
To fix this problem you can try a dual-band Wi-Fi extender. I will suggest the 5 best Wi-Fi extenders at the bottom of the article.
3. Wi-Fi doesn’t access outside
Sometimes we love spending time outdoors, if you have some work at that time you may want to go outside and finish your task there but for poor network coverage you might not able to do that task outdoor.
In this situation if you have a Wi-Fi extender you do not have to worry about this, Just go outside and spend as much time as you want.
4. Network access from 2nd Floor
Best place to install a Wi-Fi extender: most of the time the router is downstairs. But who lives upstairs, he/she might be discovered there is a poor network. It can happen for the thickness of the wall or the large gap between the router and device
If you install a wireless extender on the second floor, the strong signal received the extender and will give excellent Wi-Fi signal coverage to the person upstairs.
You May Also Like: Best Rated WIFI Speed Booster 2020 | Read Before You Buying
»Many internet users said that the Wi-Fi extender helped them to fix the coverage issue and make the internet connection slow to fast.
Ok So if you have decided to buy an extender, I have some suggestion for you before taking the Wi-Fi range extender:
⇒Check your router position-cause due to poor router positioning Wi-Fi network might be poor.
⇒Move your router position from the old position and place it in the middle of the house and see if that fixes the issue.
If all the methods fail then an extender can only way to fix this problem.
When you have decided to buy a new Wi-Fi extender for yourself, you should keep these things in your mind:
1.If your walls are too thick or if you are in a large house then you could try a powerful extender.
2.If you just want to extend the range then you may try a normal one.
Look carefully for these features and choose the best Wi-Fi extender in your most affordable range.
Here are some top Wi-Fi extenders for 2020, that I would suggest for you.
Carantee WiFi Range Extender
1200Mbps Wireless Signal Repeater Booster, Dual Band 2.4G and 5G Expander, 4 Antennas 360° Full Coverage, Extend WiFi Signal to Smart Home & Alexa Devices（BK1200U2）
- Can able to give up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5Ghz.
- You can enjoy HD video and also can transfer large digital files at super fast speed.
- Guarantee Wi-Fi range extender comes up with 4 high gain external antenna that covers up to 360 degrees in your house up to 1292 square feet.
- Works perfectly fine with any type of standard router or gateway.
- You will get 180 days return or replacement quality warranty and technical supports for a lifetime.
Agedate WiFi Range Extender
1200Mbps WiFi Booster, Dual Band 2.4G & 5G Signal Expander, Signal Booster Repeater Amplifier 360°Full Coverage, Extend WiFi Signal for Smart Home Alexa Devices (White)
- Up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5Ghz.
- Comes up with 4 high gain external antenna that has efficient performance and boosting the existing Wi-Fi coverage
- Added the best wireless security encryption that offers good network security, assure your network safety, obstruct unauthorized access, and protect your important data.
- This extender provides Repeater Mode.
- Good for high-definition streaming and give you better gaming
GALAWAY G1208 WiFi Range Extender
- Up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5Ghz
- Works with any type of WiFi router or wireless access point.
- It has smart signal lights that show the strength of the signal grabbed from the existing router.
- Also Supports WPA, WPA2 wireless connection.
TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender
Covers Up to 800 Sq.ft, WiFi Range Extender supports up to 300Mbps speed, Wireless Signal Booster and Access Point for Home, Single Band 2.4Ghz only.
- Increase Wi-Fi coverage for Smart Phones, TV, Google Chrome, Alexa Echo, and many more.
- Install the best optimal location with the help of an indicator light this feature is also provided with this extender.
- Added two external antennas.
- Designed to increase or improve Wi-Fi coverage, not only just to increase speed.
- TP-Link offers 2 years warranty and free technical support, 24/7.